The Coronavirus is wreaking havoc on the interview process with many hiring managers and candidates preferring to not visit the office. That's understandable! But don't let that put your job search on hold. Embrace the video interview. With so many free and accessible platforms like Zoom, Hangouts, Facetime, Skype, etc..there's no excuse not to interview.
Below are some tips to help you prepare for your video interview:
1. Test your technology-make sure everything is working including your mic, camera
2. Dress professionally-no loud colors, stick to neutrals
3. Make sure that you are in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed
4. Take notes; make sure to have a pen and paper ready
5. Place your phone on silent mode
6. Don't have distracting images in the background